Citizen Problem Reporter - dialogue box not opening

Jump to solution
02-02-2018 01:00 PM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hi!  I am back configuring/working with the Citizen Problem Reporter app again.  We noticed in some testing that when we click on an existing feature on the app map, the dialogue box showing the attribute information does not open.  We have to click on the feature in the list to see the associated information.  The Naperville example app allows one to click on the feature, and the dialogue box opens in the upper right.  I have gone over the configuration help several times, but I cannot seem to identify, for example, an option I need to click to show the dialogue box. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AllisonMuise1

Hi Jay,

Your maps have the un-interactive polygon layer above of the reports layer. and it appears that the polygon is essentially blocking access to the reports when you click the map. Try moving the polygons below the reports layer. A quick test on a copy of your map leads me to believe this should fix the problem. If not, let me know, and I'll keep digging!

-Allison

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jay,

Are there any errors reported in the browser's console (click F12) when a feature is clicked?

You can compare what's reported in your app to the Naperville app and see if that gives any indication as to what might be occurring.

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Hi Jake,

It appears my reply to your idea never made it.  I received warnings about image URLs still with http, so I changed them to https, and the warnings went away.  For the feature dialogue boxes, when I clicked on a feature in each map, no messages were returned through either browser console.

Thanks, Jay

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Do you have pop-ups configured in the web map this application is built from?

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Yes, each complaint is it's own web map with simple configured pop-ups.

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

Hi Jay,

The information should open by clicking the feature in the map, or by selecting the feature from the list. There isn't anything in the configuration that should affect this.

What browser are you using? Are you seeing the same behavior on mobile/touch devices? Are the feature layers hosted in ArcGIS Online?

Are the features points, lines, or polygons, and how far are you zoomed in to them when you are trying to click them on the map? Are there overlapping features?

If you share the URL to your app, I'll take a look at it. I have heard of one other case where this was an issue, but didn't get to see the app myself and the user never shared how they resolved it.

-Allison

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Hi Allison,

I tested the app on Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Mozilla Firefox.  The dialogue behavior is the same in each browser, no dialogue box opens when I click on existing features  in the map.  Same behavior when I access the app on my smartphone too.  All feature layers are hosted in AGOL.

Point features, none overlapping currently.  Same dialogue box behavior at all zoom levels.

The app is shared to Everyone now for you to access, although it is not ready for public use.  I will remove the sharing after you have a look at it.

https://cityofnewarkde.maps.arcgis.com/apps/CrowdsourceReporter/index.html?appid=03dadc02a4cd409ebf8... 

Thanks for your help,

Jay

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

Hi Jay,

Your maps have the un-interactive polygon layer above of the reports layer. and it appears that the polygon is essentially blocking access to the reports when you click the map. Try moving the polygons below the reports layer. A quick test on a copy of your map leads me to believe this should fix the problem. If not, let me know, and I'll keep digging!

-Allison

JayHodny

Hi Allison,

Moving the city polygon layer beneath the feature service layers took care of the problem.  The dialogue boxes are opening for each feature.  Many thanks!

Regards,

Jay