AnsweredAssumed Answered

Accessibility of apps created in web app builder (UK)

Question asked by mark.cooper_SDC on Jan 24, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2019 by dlaw-esristaff

Hi

I have produced a map in WAB (developer edition) and our website team want to know about how accessible it is.

In terms of being responsive, it works well on all devices, although it is better when not in an iframe on the corporate website. As it appears that the full screen widget doesn't work in when if an iframe, I think we will just also have a link to the actual web app, unless anyone else has any good ideas in this!

As for complying with the Equality Act (2010) and meeting WCAG 2.0 guidelines, I am unsure what to do. I have tried looking on here and not found much really. I see ESRI have published some templates saying how the US regulations are being addressed (Legal Information | Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates (VPATs) | Software )

I know maps are not going to be fully accessible to those with visual imparments but I don't appear to be able to control the app without a mouse, which I was hoping to be able to do. I see there is the AccessifizrWidget (GitHub - cmndrbensisko/AccessifizrWidget: The Accessifizr Widget is designed to easily port Accessifizr functionality in… ) - does anyone know how to use this and if it does the job, or if there are any alternatives?

The other issue is screen reader compatibility. Is it possible for a screen reader to work with a mapping app?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Outcomes