feature service

01-20-2018 04:40 AM
anjelinaponkerat
Occasional Contributor II

How many feature we can load to arcgis javascript 4.6 api view? how we can increase feature numbers? I have a feature service that has 120000 features. I have problem to load and view this map. 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
anjelinaponkerat

I add this before js load(2 weeks ago), but no result!!! 

I,m on 3d view and  webgl is ok on my computer, but scene view can not load more than  3000 features!! :

<script>
var dojoConfig = {
has: {
"esri-featurelayer-webgl": 1
}
}
</script>
0 Kudos
anjelinaponkerat

Hi Robert

I guess you are too busy or don't like to answer my questions. If you don't answer questions in this blog, there is not any person to answer. This mean we have to migrate 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Migrate to what?...

So let me try an explain. I provided the documentaton and a sample that shows how to achieve what you asked. I personally have not need for the 3D environment and definitely have no need to display 120,000 features in a featurelayer. If I even had a need to display that many features I would always use a MapImageLayer and let the Server handle the load instead of expecting a clients browser to handle it.

There are time on GeoNet that I will not answer a question because of several reasons:

• The poster has a tendency to not listen to the replies
  • The poster is asking for something that it is obvious they don't need but is just the latest cool thing (which in my book 3D is)
  • I am just busy
  • I don't have any experience with the area in question
  • A poster will not provide the code or services that they are using in order to make helping them easier.
  • They don't understand that people that reply are not obligated in any way to respond it is just a courtesy 
anjelinaponkerat

ok

Does esri has program to solve this issue on the next release? how we can ask esri to solve problem?

If you can help more, I don't forget...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Anjelina,

If you believe that there is a bug in the API then you need to contact esri tech support about it. Once again if it was me I would be using a MapImageLayer NOT a FeatureLayer to display that many features.

0 Kudos
anjelinaponkerat

MapImagelayer can not use for showing buildings(polygon) and extrude as 3d.  Is there any solution instead of feature layer?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

In that case you need to use FeatureLayer. So calling tech support to see why you are not able to get the 120000 features is your only option.

0 Kudos
anjelinaponkerat

1- Do you know why webGl and this script can not solve problem in Scene view?

<script>
var dojoConfig = {
has: {
"esri-featurelayer-webgl": 1
}
}
</script>

2- how we can contact arcgis java script team?

0 Kudos