No Find and Replace tool in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
10-06-2015 06:06 AM
deleted-user-eL1mKkp8gJc9
New Contributor III

I don't see a tool to find and replace text in the attribute table of ArcGIS Pro

23 Replies
Kenny_Ratliff
New Contributor III

Thanks for taking the time to do that!  I will pull the model down and see what happens.  I made changes with quotations, spaces, commas, etc. with no success over the weekend.  Hopefully, this will point out what I was missing.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Ratliff
New Contributor III

Here is a screenshot of my results.  I'm not smart enough to cipher through the error message.  However, I recognize some similar notation to my attempts with the manual input.  Thoughts?  Much appreciated!LR_TextReplacer_errormsg

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Looks like the script works on a text field.  I'm guessing your RDCLASS is either a Short or Long?

raze‌ Can you verify that the script should work with integers as well as text?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Ratliff
New Contributor III

The data being used was downloaded from a resource website.  In checking on this, yes - the field is a Long, numeric format.

0 Kudos
LR
by
Occasional Contributor III

Yes it only works with text, you'd need some type casting to make it work with numbers. I'll, uh, look at it later.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Ratliff
New Contributor III

I would sincerely appreciate it.  This is interesting, as I'm pretty sure I've had no problems replacing numbers in ArcMap regardless of field type.  (I could be wrong.  Going to test to see.)  But this appears to be another easy tool, gone bad in Pro.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Ratliff
New Contributor III

Myth - Confirmed.  This took about 30 seconds or less to accomplish in ArcMap.  With the same data.

If anyone from Esri is following this conversation, I would recommend changing the status of this string.  It is showing Assumed Answered.  From my perspective, it's not.  Thanks!

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Kenny and all on this thread.  I saw there was some activity this morning so wanted to follow up.  The update is that https://community.esri.com/ideas/13295‌ is Under Consideration.  Keep an eye on the status at that link which will be a better indicator of progress than this thread.

Hope this helps!

Kenny_Ratliff
New Contributor III

Hey Kory,

Thanks for the update and providing the link.  I'll take a look and follow the activity.

Best regards,
Kenny

LR
by
Occasional Contributor III

Added numbers while waiting for something to get rasterized. Will probably wreck anything that isn't text (use "") or integers. Maybe I'll add float/decimals/whatever later. Incremental updates, one line at a time