ArcPad not reading "Imagery" folder

11-06-2017 04:08 PM
FaithWebster
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I have a Trimble Nomad 1050 with ArcPad installed that is not reading my folders with mr sid imagery files in them. When I look on Windows Mobile file explorer from my PC, I can see the data and the folders. When I use the file explorer on the device, I can see the folder and the files. When I go to "Add Data" from ArcPad, the file does not show up at all. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled ArcPad; I have reduced the amount of data in the files; I have added the imagery outside of a file both directly onto the main memory, and on the storage card. I have made sure the MrSid extension is active. I even sent the device in for repairs, but it was sent back in the same condition. Before I send it off to a different Trimble repair service, I want to make sure, if possible, that it isn't a problem in arcpad. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you, 

Faith

0 Kudos
11 Replies
StephenQuan1
Esri Contributor

Thanks Faith,

I'm glad that you have a positive result! Hmm, so a device reset did the fix. I wonder if you could have done that yourself? ArcPad has an "undocumented" feature to perform a system reset of a windows mobile device.

Add Run Script command to Favourites:

1. Hit tiny triangle drop down on the far right

2. Toolbars > Toolbar Settings ...

3. Select Favourites tab

4. Locate Run Script tool and check it

5. Click Ok

6. Allow ArcPad to restart

Reboot your device using Run Script tool

1. Type "System.Reboot" this will test a soft reset without losing anything and build your confidence with using this technique

2. Repeat the process but, this time, "System.Reboot true", this will trigger a clean reset, and, on some devices can lead to a factory reset.

Stephen

FaithWebster
Occasional Contributor

I looked at how to factory reset a nomad 1050, and it is supposed to be possible by holding down a series of buttons, but I couldn't get it to work. I will keep this solution in mind if I encounter a situation where I need to factory reset. 

Thank you, so much  

0 Kudos