Server Tools - Extract Data Task

06-05-2017 02:07 AM
GavinCollins
New Contributor

When this tool is run within ArcMap it presents the user automatically with an area of interest polygon to digitise that is loaded into memory for use by the script without the need to have a premade feature class.

Within ArcGIS Pro however an area of interest polygon is not automatically presented to the user to digitise. Is this available or does the user have to input a feature class of their own?

Thanks

Gavin

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DonPritt
Occasional Contributor II

Geez, this hasn't been answered yet? I'm missing something also, was use to creating clipping polygon area in Arcmap for extracting data, now I'm confused because Pro, I guess, assumes there already is a clipping polygon to pick?....not happy with ArcGIS Pro today....

0 Kudos
GavinCollins1
Esri Contributor

Don Pritt‌,

The 2.0 version of ArcGIS Pro received this functionality, it is known as Interactive Feature Input.

Extract Data Interactive Input

Please see the below website links for further information.

ArcGIS Pro - Extract Data tool - polygon input as in ArcMap 

What's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.0—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Thanks,

Gavin

Kory Kramer

arcgispro‌ 

analysis‌

input features‌

DonPritt

One more question...when I pick the drop-down and select say polygons, I should be able to go the the data frame and start drawing the polygon area for clipping right? just like previously in Arcmap?

0 Kudos
GavinCollins1
Esri Contributor

Hi Don,

Can you confirm that you have installed ArcGIS Pro version 2.0 or later such as 2.0.1?

The below screenshot shows the Interactive Feature Input in action.

1. Run Extract Data tool

2. Click feature dropdown button on the Area of Interest parameter and choose Polygon.

3. A new layer will appear in your Table of Contents pane called "Extract Area of Interest" and along with the feature drawing tool. You can now click on the map to digitise your polygon. 

Thanks,

Gavin

0 Kudos
DonPritt

Yea I'm not getting that, doesn't create the temporary clipping layer, downloading and going to install the 20.0.1 patch, hopefully that'll work.

Thanks, Gavin. 

0 Kudos
DonPritt

Still not working, doesn't create the "Extract Area of Interest" layer in the Table of Contents pane for clipping, I use this quite a bit in ArcMap 10.5.1 so I'm familiar with the tool's prerequisites but just can't get it to work in Pro even after the patch, guess I'll contact ESRI support. 😞

0 Kudos
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

It should work just as described above. Interactive feature input—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Do you have a map open? What happens when you select "Polygons" from the pencil list? Can you see a "Polygon" feature class in your default project geodatabase? 

0 Kudos
DonPritt

Does not create a polygon layer automatically for clipping like ArcMap did, do I have to create one manually in Pro to use as the clipping layer? 

0 Kudos
DonPritt

I'm using 2.0 and saw and tried that, but for some reason I can't create a polygon when I try and start picking an area, will have to play with it some more I guess...

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos