ESET AntiVirus Inteferring with ArcServer or MSSQL (SDE)

12-06-2017 11:56 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

I have a windows 2012 r2 machine holding SQL Server 16 (holding my SDE) and an installation of ArcServer.

IT just installed ESET on the machine, is there any documentation of ESET interfering with ESRI products? I have not noticed anything right away but want to take precautionary action if possible.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

The biggest issue I'd want to be aware of would be on-demand scanning for changes to the config-store. If the config-store is constantly being scanned (especially if the config-store is hosted on a file share somewhere) I could easily see issues. 

Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

what type of issues?

the config store is on a local drive not network drive. I can add the directory to an exclusion list within the AV if I must but can you expand on potential issues you can see or have heard about?

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joe,

Apologies for the delay. If read/writes rates are impacted, there can be corruption when multiple machines attempt to write to the config-store simultaneously. I saw this usually when config-stores were housed on NAS/SAN devices that we not really designed for 'immediate consistency' - think servers for streaming media files instead of high I/O.