Attribute Value Correction Using ModelBuilder

Jump to solution
12-05-2017 08:22 AM
deleted-user-iwYtitJHBIyn
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a parcel geodatabase that includes site address information.  I am new to ModelBuilder but I am hoping it can be used to semi-automate an address correction task.

For example, I would like to be able to correct an address changing the number from "100" to "150".  I have a number of these entries to correct with varying numbers and I am hoping the editing can be accomplished using just one model.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jeff

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Madanbhurati1
New Contributor III

I am assuming that you have a address field in your parcel feature class And you want to Replace all the occurrences/instances of "100" with "150" for all the parcels. similarly you have other number in address to replace as per your requirement.

There are multiple ways to do it. I would recommend to do it using python script. you will have better control.

You can create a Find and Replace model tool using Calculate Field Geo-Processing Tool.

Following are the snapshot for the model, I used demo feature class with attribute year. however you can use your address field similarly.

I hope it will help you.

Attribute Model

Expression Variable is very important to understand

Expression for Find and Replace

Execute Model it will show you following Input Parameters.

Final Tool

But you have to be certain that you are replacing all the instances of find value.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Please be more clear what you mean by "semi-automate". Do you want to apply the fix to selected features in a layer or all? Do you want to have the tool do some query to select the features to update, or all features?

0 Kudos
Madanbhurati1
New Contributor III

I am assuming that you have a address field in your parcel feature class And you want to Replace all the occurrences/instances of "100" with "150" for all the parcels. similarly you have other number in address to replace as per your requirement.

There are multiple ways to do it. I would recommend to do it using python script. you will have better control.

You can create a Find and Replace model tool using Calculate Field Geo-Processing Tool.

Following are the snapshot for the model, I used demo feature class with attribute year. however you can use your address field similarly.

I hope it will help you.

Attribute Model

Expression Variable is very important to understand

Expression for Find and Replace

Execute Model it will show you following Input Parameters.

Final Tool

But you have to be certain that you are replacing all the instances of find value.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-iwYtitJHBIyn
New Contributor II

Thank you, Madan.

That is most helpful.

Jeff

0 Kudos