Overwrite Web Map or Web Layer from ArcGIS Pro (prerelease)

Jump to solution
11-25-2014 06:41 AM
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

I have successfully “Shared” (published) my ArcGIS Pro desktop map to my ArcGIS Online subscription as a “Web Map.”  I made a change to the Pro map at my desktop and want to overwrite the map and data already in AGOL.  When I try to overwrite, I get an Error Message that states: A web layer named “<name>” already exists. Please choose a different name that is unique with your organization. 

What is the suggested workflow to update an AGOL web map and data from my desktop (ArcGIS Pro) to AGOL? Must I log into AGOL and delete all existing map and data items in My Content every time I want to update my web map from my desktop?  Am I jumping the gun with ArcGIS Pro “prerelease”? Will this be possible with December updates to Pro and AGOL?

12 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

For those looking to overwrite a web map from ArcGIS Pro, please go to https://community.esri.com/ideas/11949‌ to vote and provide comments.

Thank you!

ericmeyers_cob
New Contributor II

We need the ability to overwrite a web map from ArcGIS Pro. I have thumbed up a few posts here. What else should I do to make this happen?

0 Kudos
SH013
by
Occasional Contributor

just out of curiosity, can this be done in ArcGIS Online to overwrite a web map?

0 Kudos