select_one does not store values in service when bind::esri:fieldType is set to esriFieldTypeInteger

11-22-2016 01:14 PM
SeanHaile
New Contributor

If select_one [list_name] is used, but the fieldType is set to esriFieldTypeInteger, values are not stored in the service when data is submitted. Values only store in esrFieldTypeInteger fields when the form control type is set to integer, not select_one. In the example below, the first field will store the entered integer value but the other two fields will have no data recorded.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Sean. Thanks so much for your comment. After looking into this I found that the values captured in the field are actually stored in your Feature Service, but the Table view in survey123.arcgis.com does not show the values correctly.

To validate this, please open your survey's feature service in the ArcGIS.com Map Viewer (open within a web map) and you will see that the information from your integer field is displayed in the table widget as well as in the popups.

We will look into this problem in the survey123 web site and see if we can resolve. Thanks so much for your feedback.

SeanHaile
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick response!

Yes, you are correct. The records are properly storing in the feature service, it is the Survey123 website & the ArcGIS Online -> My Content -> Data tab that are unable to properly display the integer data from a select_one. Until that is fixed, I will use the map viewer & pop up to access the data.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sean,

Would you mind to have a try on our recent 2.5 release? If the field type is set to integer in the feature service for a select_one question in the survey, we can now display the result correctly in the table & individual response on the Data page, and also treat it as the original select_one question but not a common number question in the Analyze page of the website.

PS: need to clear browser cache first.

0 Kudos