Why do I have missing fields in the survey web form?

Jump to solution
11-02-2017 12:18 PM
RogerFarmer1
Occasional Contributor

When I Open the survey from the Link icon I get an error message:

Error loading survey.

Error Message:

FormLogicError: Could not evaluate #, message: The expression is not a legal expression. (line: undefined, character: undefined)

Please contact the survey author.

I Click 'Close' and the survey opens but wherever a field is only relevant if a previous field value is a certain value the field is not there:

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RogerFarmer1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Carmel,

I created this one in Survey123 Connect.

Roger.

PS this one has been solved: 

Currently the metadata calculation for property('uri:deviceid') is not supported in web app. This is causing the survey to get an error (as above) when loading in web app and will therefore the survey will not work as expected. Removing this field from your survey resolves the issue with the web app:

We have a feature request currently open to support such metadata fields in web app, I have updated the issue with your comments. We would aim to support this in a future release.

Regards,

Phil.

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-10902-form-that-wont-display-relevant-fields

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Roger,

If possible, can you please upload your XLSForm to this thread?  I would like to investigate the behavior on my end and let you know what I find.  Feel free to also send it to me in a private message via GeoNet.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Roger, 

Is this survey one you created in the web designer and then downloaded and edited in Survey123 Connect?

Carmel

0 Kudos
RogerFarmer1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Carmel,

I created this one in Survey123 Connect.

Roger.

PS this one has been solved: 

Currently the metadata calculation for property('uri:deviceid') is not supported in web app. This is causing the survey to get an error (as above) when loading in web app and will therefore the survey will not work as expected. Removing this field from your survey resolves the issue with the web app:

We have a feature request currently open to support such metadata fields in web app, I have updated the issue with your comments. We would aim to support this in a future release.

Regards,

Phil.

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-10902-form-that-wont-display-relevant-fields