Search for features within a polygon boundary

10-09-2017 01:31 PM
ElizabethBrumfield
New Contributor III

I am trying to build an app using the Information Lookup template. I have two layers - one is parcels and the other layer is larger polygons made up of groups of those parcels.  I would like the user to be able to search for a larger polygon and then be able to click on each individual parcel and get info on each clicked feature as well as the larger polygon.  I have tried the WAB, basic viewer template, and Information Lookup template but nothing will allow me to search on the larger polygon and then click on the smaller polygons to get their information.  Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
ElizabethBrumfield
New Contributor III

OK, thank you! I'll take a closer look at my layer order and popup for now. 

0 Kudos
ElizabethBrumfield
New Contributor III

Ok, I've  made some headway by setting the lookup layer to be MSBUs and MSBU parcels, then setting the search by layer to be MSBU Parcels, Then setting the search to be MSBUs.  The only issue with that config is the first time the user searches on a MSBU, a parcel is also highlighted. (I think the one with the lowest ObjectID).  

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

And what if you only let them search for MSBU? Or is it a necessity to search on parcel too?

0 Kudos
ElizabethBrumfield
New Contributor III

The way I was thinking the app would be, the user would type in the MSBU name - Our parcel numbers are so long and convoluted most people don't know their own number. I suppose they could use their address too so I should add the ESRI World Geocoder.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Sounds logical. Find by MSBU name and than search visually on the map or search parcel directly by address. I still need to do some tests to see if I can reproduce the problem you have. 

0 Kudos
ElizabethBrumfield
New Contributor III

Thank you. So you are able to search on it the way I'm envisioning? In that case it must be something with my app configuration?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi Elizabeth Brumfield ,

Sorry for the delay, but as far as I understand, the Lookup Layers setting will define which layer information will be displayed. At this moment from the screenshots I notice that your MSBYParcels is switched off:

For instance in my case I have 2 layers defined:

... and when I search I get the information of both layers back:

ElizabethBrumfield
New Contributor III

Yes, I see that - but see how that give you the list of all the manzanas? I don't want to show the individual features until the user clicks on them.  I think I've got it working now, though. Thank you for your help!