Can you change the color of the Story Map Shortlist background?

Jump to solution
11-19-2016 06:30 PM
BethanyHall2
New Contributor II

I have worked with the Story Map Tour quite a bit and I love that I can change the background to a custom color. Is there a way to change the background color within the Story Map Shortlist? The dark gray is nice but I had a custom color in my original story map tour. My story map tour broke and I am trying to get something back up and running. 

Story Map Background - How can I change it from dark gray to something else?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

The Story Map Shortlist Builder was enhanced in last week's ArcGIS Online update to include a color picker for the header. See the new Settings > Theme tab.

https://community.esri.com/thread/187545-changing-the-tab-bar-color-in-shortlist#comment-697961 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Bethany, the current beta doesn't support that (unless you download the source code and customize it) but it is a feature we would like to add. Just to check, is it the color of the header in the app you would like to modify (i.e. the background behind the title/subtitle and logo.. Are there any other parts of the UI you'd expect to be able to assign a different color to?

Rupert

0 Kudos
BethanyHall2
New Contributor II

Rupert,

Yes, I would love to be able to add my own colors to background behind the title/subtitle and logo areas along with the area has the tab data displayed. I am not a programmer and having these customizable options, like the story map tour, would be extremely valuable.

Bethany G. Hall, GISP

GIS Analyst

Rutherford County GIS

1 Rutherford County Historic Courthouse

Suite 307

Murfreesboro, TN 37130

615-849-4899

bghall@rutherfordcountytn.gov<mailto:bghall@rutherfordcountytn.gov>

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Bethany, this is useful feedback for us.  

Rupert

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

The Story Map Shortlist Builder was enhanced in last week's ArcGIS Online update to include a color picker for the header. See the new Settings > Theme tab.

https://community.esri.com/thread/187545-changing-the-tab-bar-color-in-shortlist#comment-697961 

BethanyHall2
New Contributor II

Yippee!!!!