DWG import to ArcMap 10.3. - Fit to Display not working

10-18-2017 03:30 AM
MariusKokko
New Contributor II

Hi.

I have a dwg file (attached) that I want to overlay on top of a raster image. The raster image is georeferenced to Web Mercator. Somehow I cannot view the DWG at all: zoom to layer OR zoom to selected features doesn't work, nor does Georeferencing / Fit to Display. ArcMap however shows a point when I select Fit to Display, but the whole CAD file is not visible. Any suggestions what to try next?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

for vector data, use Spatial Adjustment instead

MariusKokko
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan. I've tested the Spatial Adjustment, but I can't move the entire layer without the original layer getting skewed and scaled. Isn't there a way I could just select a polygon layer (shp or feature class) and move it to a new x,y location?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

what you describe always suggests that your control points are too close together or you are selecting the link source-destination in the wrong order.  Check this using..

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/manage-data/editing-existing-features/creating-displaceme...

what you want is just to drag to a new spot or fit to display using vector data... perhaps that is a Cad thing, so you could effectively do most of what you want if you have access to a cad program first, before importing it into Map or Pro

0 Kudos