is anybody else having an issue where they save Story Map Tour edits and then reopen it and the changes are gone?

10-17-2017 12:46 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

A user has told me the following:

In story maps, building a tour, I'll add in the images, descriptions, etc and save the application. Refresh the browser and the new work is lost.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Thank you.

Joe

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joe, 

What browser are they using?

How are they accessing the Story Map tour template? Through ArcGIS Online or from the Story Maps apps page Apps | Story Maps ?

Carmel

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Carmel,

I have copied Dan Pisut on this email; he is the user that was having this

issue.

Dan,

Can you please respond to Carmel's questions?

Thank you both.

Joe

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Carmel,

We are editing an existing Story Map in AGOL. Using Chrome for Mac each time this has happened. Both times, I believe, have been over wireless connections. I can understand the changes not saving in the database, but therein-lies the bug if the Editing page says that there are 0 unsaved changes. 

Dan

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dan, 

Have you used the developer tools before in Chrome? There might be something in there that would point to the issue > Open the map tour > hit Command+Option+I on your keyboard > Network tab > reload the map tour.

Send a screenshot of any red errors you see. 

Like Rupert said, it'll be worth contacting your local Esri support team for assistance too!

Carmel

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

HI Joe

There aren't any known issues like that, but we'd like to hear if anyone else has this sort of issue. Something may be going on at your end or it could be user error  . For this sort of thing where there may be several factors, Esri Tech Support may be your best resort especially for urgent projects. Dan presented with us in July at the Esri UC.

Rupert

I edited the title of your post to include the name of the app