Story map issue in Chrome

Jump to solution
10-15-2017 08:26 PM
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

I have a problem in one of our story maps. This is the link

https://marlborough.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=bcf43a62f5944909bfeef264d26c1621 

The issue occurs in Chrome when scrolling in some tabs (e.g. the Kangaroo Grass or Chilean Needle Grass tabs)

The info panel ends up looking like this 

This only happens in Chrome as far as I can tell. Anyone have any ideas why its doing this?

Have tried Windows 7 and 10 and same on both. Chrome is the latest version. Tried Firefox and IE11 and both had no issues.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MalcolmJ

I've worked out the cause. Its being caused by hardware acceleration in Chrome. If I disable that setting in Chrome under Advanced settings, the issue stops occuring.

It might be specific to the graphics drivers we are using on the computers here (Intel HD Graphics 530)

Thanks to those that responded to my original question.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Malcolm,

That is interesting that you're having these issues only in Chrome. Does it happen on all tabs for you or just some of the tabs? I just tried viewing it in Chrome and did not get that behavior. This is my chrome version: Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit). Is there a certain way you are scrolling to make this happen (are you suing a mouse with a wheel, or a touch pad, or finger scroll?

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Even I couldn't reproduce the issue. Everything looks fine in Google Chrome (same build as Adrian)/ Win 7.

Could you verify if you could reproduce the issue on different machines outside your network?

Think Location
0 Kudos
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Do you receive any pop-up when you load the story map in Google Chrome?

~Shan
0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Malcolm

I also couldn't reproduce this. We may need some more info about your system or how to repro.

Rupert

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ

So I tried it at home and it works fine, its only within our network at work that it seems to have this problem. 

I've also noticed it only happens when the browser window is maximised. If I take it out of maximise mode i don't get that issue, and only in Chrome!

Anyone got any ideas??? What could I check?

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ

I've worked out the cause. Its being caused by hardware acceleration in Chrome. If I disable that setting in Chrome under Advanced settings, the issue stops occuring.

It might be specific to the graphics drivers we are using on the computers here (Intel HD Graphics 530)

Thanks to those that responded to my original question.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Wow, that's some nice digging! Good work!