Advance Spatial Pattern Analysis

10-14-2017 04:19 AM
AhmedSolate
New Contributor

Hi all,

Please I would like to know which spatial pattern analysis is more advanced that Getis-Ord G* for the analysis of clustering.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

All statistical techniques are appropriate if they meet the conditions and analytical requirements for which they were designed.

People have a propensity to try and apply techniques which don't meet these conditions or requirements since the software rarely checks for them.  That is largely the job of 'human-ware'.

Should you want to add an extra letter to Getis-Ord G* then have a look at Getis-Ord Gi* ...

The mathematical descriptions and the requirements are well documented in the how it works section ...

The documentation for Getis-Ord general This also has a very good section specifically in the Interpretation and Frequently Asked Questions that should allow one to assess which approach is more appropriate for their data, data form and requirements.  This is the human-ware section

0 Kudos
AhmedSolate
New Contributor

Thank. I actually meant Gi*

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

examine in the remaining tool for other options.... however... my advice still applies

you haven't specified what you are actually looking for and what the GI* incarnation doesn't accomplish, or if it is even application in your case.

0 Kudos
AhmedSolate
New Contributor

I want to analyse pattern of citizens satisfaction with services of Local Government. A web-based survey is expected to be carried out and I want the spatial pattern analysis method that will give me better results

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

show your pattern, the results of your preliminary analyses and why you don't think what is available isn't suitable.

0 Kudos