Why am I not able to get a 30m cell size when using the TIN to Raster tool?

Jump to solution
10-07-2017 05:17 PM
JulieWynia
New Contributor

I used the Create TIN tool to create a TIN from a point feature class in a file geodatabase. Then I used the TIN to Raster tool to convert it to raster. Because I have a 30x30m cell size for a DEM raster, I want the output raster of the TIN to Raster tool to be a 30m cell size. I set the Cell Size to 30m in the Raster Analysis Environment Settings, but the Sampling Distance options are "OBSERVATIONS 250" and "CELLSIZE 4174.674582", the latter of which ends up being the output cell size. Is my problem with the TIN I created or with the TIN to Raster tool? What do I need to consider or do so that the cell size of the output raster is 30m when I input the TIN I created into the TIN to Raster tool? Thank you to anyone who can offer any insight!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You have to set it within the tool  

use the CELLSIZE keyword followed by the desired size, which can be given as a floating point number

The how it works section provides more information

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You have to set it within the tool  

use the CELLSIZE keyword followed by the desired size, which can be given as a floating point number

The how it works section provides more information

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Dan's answer (as usual) was right on, but I want to add this general note:

At the end of the doc for every tool, there is a list of environments that the tool uses (honors).

Tin To Raster does not use the environment cell size.

0 Kudos