Problem to open Mosaic Dataset created in 10.3.1 then edited in 10.5.1

09-14-2017 10:11 PM
MarkMindlin
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

We have noticed the issue:

Steps to reproduce:

- in ArcCatalog 10.3.1, create file geodatabase, create mosaic dataset, add raster jp2 to the mosaic dataset.

- in ArcMap 10.3.1, add data i.e. the mosaic dataset, make sure it works, remove data.

- in ArcMap 10.5.1, add data i.e. the mosaic dataset, open Footprint layer attribute table, start editing, edit field MinPS to value 1, save edits, stop editing, close the app.

- in ArcMap 10.3.1, try to add data i.e. the mosaic dataset, make sure an error message appears "Error opening mosaic dataset"

0 Kudos
26 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor
MarkMindlin

Hi George, 

Thank you for your response.

Could you confirm this is a known bug?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Mark - I would recommend contacting https://community.esri.com/groups/technical-support?sr=search&searchId=4762b521-5856-4112-ad7e-6809c...‌ and opening a new case with them. They would have that updated information.

--- George T.
MarkMindlin

Thanks. I did.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if the GDB got upgraded to 10.5.x somehow, and the issue might have come up due to backward compatibility issue. 

What happens if you create a File GDB of older version (10.3.x) using Create File GDB tool in ArcMap 10.5.1, and then move the data from current GDB (10.5.1) to the older ver. GDB (10.3.x)? Are you able to open the migrated data in ArcMap 10.3.1?

Migrating data from a newer geodatabase release to an older one—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Think Location
MarkMindlin

Hi Jayanta,

Thank you for your response. 

I will try. It is good idea

0 Kudos
MarkMindlin

I see only 10.0 version in the tool Create File GDB.

Jayanta, what tool have 10.3.1 option?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ohh. My bad.

create a File GDB in 10.0 > Move the data > Using ArcCatalog 10.3.1, upgrade the GDB (Geodatabase Properties) > Open in ArcMap 10.3.1.

Any success?

Think Location
0 Kudos
MarkMindlin

Sorry, I do not understand what you suggest. What is "Move the data"?

0 Kudos