Traverse Polygon

08-09-2017 08:52 AM
RickyReid
New Contributor III

It appears that we only have the ability to traverse lines in Pro 2.0.  It would be extremely helpful to be able to traverse a polygon.  Is there another tool I'm perhaps missing?

Tags (1)
23 Replies
mhoffman6
New Contributor III

Sean,

Thank you for the update. Looking forward to the update. 

Does this include Ground to Grid correction as well? If you see the picture in this reply, you can see the reason for Ground to Grid.

Without the ability to correct the grid for Traverse Polygons there, this functionality is extremely limited. See additional concerns in this post: 

0 Kudos
ProvidenceAdu
New Contributor III

Hi Sean, 

What is the update on the traverse polygon?  I need the polygon functionality for my work.
Thank you.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

This is scheduled for 2.3.

Ground to grid is complete and in 2.3.

0 Kudos
TomSedlacek
New Contributor III

Here we are in 2.3.1 and this functionality is still not available as far as I can tell... ???

0 Kudos
SandieHewston
New Contributor II

This is critical for the work I do also.  I can't go to Pro until I can use the Traverse tool for Polygons.  Having to use a line tool, then trace the polygon is not reasonable. 

0 Kudos
RickyReid
New Contributor III

This is still absent in 2.1.2.  Maybe 2.2?  Awaiting my early adopter approval to see.

0 Kudos
mhoffman6
New Contributor III

Ricky,

After you create a Traverse, you can use the Create polygon tool from that Traverse.

Open the Construct Polygons

You can select the traverse (that closes) using the Select Tool. 

Select the layer you want the feature in.

Click construct Polygon at the bottom of the tool pane, and viola! you have a new polygon in that layer. 

See the link below for more information.

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/editing/construct-polygons-from-features.htm

0 Kudos
TomSedlacek
New Contributor III

No Voila!  It's kind of dumb to have to have a dummy polyline layer to construct a traverse and then copy/construct it into the layer you want.  How about they just make the trav tool work like the one over in Desktop.  Creating unwanted data in order to create the data you desire.. what a waste of time and effort... Still not fixed as of 2.3.1 as far as I can determine... 

LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

Is there any sort of status update from ESRI on if they are are going to give the ability to traverse a polygon in Pro?  I work for a city government and I traverse subdivisions, easements, parcel, deeds, etc.  As mentioned by other people it seems like a waste of time to have to traverse a line and then convert it into a polygon.

0 Kudos
JuliePaine
New Contributor II

I work for a small City and was disappointed v2.4 does not have the polygon traverse tool. Just attended UC2019 and am making an effort to start using PRO. However, I agree with previous posts that creating a traverse from polyline & converting to polygon is just extra work! Please add this capability!

0 Kudos