Traverse Polygon

08-09-2017 08:52 AM
RickyReid
New Contributor III

It appears that we only have the ability to traverse lines in Pro 2.0.  It would be extremely helpful to be able to traverse a polygon.  Is there another tool I'm perhaps missing?

Tags (1)
23 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

is the polygon perimeter (line) not sufficient?

0 Kudos
RickyReid
New Contributor III

Unfortunately no.  I need to be able to traverse a polygon.  This functionality was available in ArcMap.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It didn't even get a mention on this list unavailable tools in Pro unless I am blind, it is elsewhere, or it was forgotten

0 Kudos
RickyReid
New Contributor III

Well the tool itself is in Pro, but now it is specific to polylines only.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

yes... but there is no mention of a functionality change, which should have been indicated... so it is either an omission in documentation or they just haven't gotten around to it.  It might be worth a buzz to tech support so they can pass it on to the Pro dev team

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The ability to traverse a polygon layer will be added in a future release.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Sean

0 Kudos
mhoffman6
New Contributor III

Sean,

I posted about COGO polygons for easements and other areas that require legal descriptions. Do you know when this will be released? This is pretty crucial for small local governments that track their utility, right of way, and pathway easements such as the city I currently work for. The sooner we are able to test this out and see the functionality the better it will be for us to train the other GIS individuals of our city.

Here is the link to my question and concern. https://community.esri.com/ideas/13861-add-full-cogo-functionality-to-arcgis-pro

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Matthew,

Polygon traverse will be available post 2.1

The construct polygons command will be available at 2.1, meaning features can be traversed as lines then converted to polygons as required.