The portal at <URL> is not configured to support Esri Maps for Office

11-06-2015 03:05 PM
JohnDye
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get Esri Maps for Office up and running with our Portal. It seemed like a pretty straight forward setup. I installed the Portal Resources, restarted the Portal and then installed Esri Maps for Office 3.1 on my client machine and restarted Excel and Powerpoint.

When I fired up Excel to start testing, I noticed that I wasn't signed in automagically - which I thought was strange because our Portal is configured for IWA. So I clicked the Sign In button on the Esri Maps tab and got this:

EMO_Error.png

Not sure what to do since it doesn't really provide any guidance as to what's wrong.

Environment

Server-Side

• Server1 (Windows Server 2008R2)
    • Web Adaptor (IIS) 10.3.1
    • Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1
    • Esri Maps for Office Resources for Portal for ArcGIS 10.3 or higher
  • Server2 (Windows Server 2008R2)
    • Web Adaptor for ArcGIS 10.3.1
    • ArcGIS for Server 10.3.1 (Federated + Hosting)
  • Server3 (Windows Server 2008R2)
    • Datastore for ArcGIS 10.3.1 (Managed Database of ArcGIS for Server on Server2)

Client (Windows 7 Enterprise)

• Esri Maps for Office 3.1
  • Internet Explorer 11
  • Microsoft Office 2010
0 Kudos
14 Replies
MarcoMedeiros
New Contributor II

Hi Nathan... Tks for helping. 

I have seen at Esri support's link about it ( Working with Portal for ArcGIS—Esri Maps for Office | ArcGIS)  that I must to create a folder called 4.0. But in your link you are using 4.1. Is it can affect my setup?

0 Kudos
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Marco,

This would depend on the version of ArcGIS Maps for Office that you installed. If you installed 4.0, create a folder named 4.0. If you installed 4.1, then you'll need to create a folder named 4.1 and ensure the resources are in that folder.

0 Kudos
MarcoMedeiros
New Contributor II

I almost forgot... My Portal and my ArcGIS Server was installed on Linux (the same machine) and my Portal's link is: portal.sanepar.com/arcgis.

In this case i have to test my configuration using https://portal.sanepar.com/arcgis/resources/esrimapsforoffice/4.0/office/4.1.0.600/esriM4O/images/Fi... ?

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Does not like the portal's web adaptor in the url

It goes through with the :7443

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

uninstalled maps for office, deleted remnant files on c:

re-installed maps for office, all good, even using web adaptor in url

0 Kudos