collector map download failed

08-20-2017 05:08 PM
JustinSheppherd
New Contributor

Hi Gurus,

we are using ArcGIS collector version 10.7.2 , got error when trying to download map as a normal user. Following is the details :

I have setup an web map in ArcGIS online with Offline mode enabled , all the feature service layers in this web map has “Enable Sync” mode checked.  I have created a group "Testing" in my organisation, setup a test user who is the member on that group, I share the web map and map services to that group. When users trying to download map in the device got the following errors :

“You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation”

As an administrator , I can download the same map using collector , but as normal user got the above mentioned error.

Is there any setting I missed here ?

it will be great help , if anyone can give any clue.

With regards,

Shafey 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JosephMootz1
Occasional Contributor

I get the same message when trying to access basemaps as a "Non-administrator".

“You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation”

I noticed it first on basemaps that had been sideloaded (.tpk) but tried downloading an ArcGIS Online basemap and got the same message. 

To top it off, I had previously downloaded these offline basemaps on these same devices with the same user names a few weeks ago and they sat in a drawer never being used. Now when I try to download either the same or new basemaps I have this issue. Also, I cannot delete the basemaps from the device, because when I go to Manage, it says the basemaps are being used in 3 maps. 

We are using iPads with Collector version 17.0.3.

Any help will be appreciated.

With Kind Regards,

--joe

0 Kudos
JosephMootz1
Occasional Contributor

Of course I figured out the obvious solution 30 seconds after I submitted my question. Apparently I had not shared all the layers in the map properly and that was the issue, not downloading the basemaps. Interesting that I had to try to download the basemap to find this out.

Solution: make sure user has access to all layers in map.

With Kind Regards,

--joe