iOS Explorer App and Survey123 custom URL issues

Jump to solution
08-10-2017 09:57 PM
PeterTQFES
Occasional Contributor

I have a web map and app with a custom URL to open survey123 and pass parameters which works successfully, but when I open that same map in iOS explorer it doesnt pass the values across.

Is it possible? Or is it a limitation of iOS?

and while on the topic of custom URLs, is it possible to create a URL to open iOS explorer and a particular map?

Peter T, Brisbane
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hello,

It's likely you are experiencing a known issue with Explorer and pop-ups - take a look at Popups not working in updated Explorer app and the 17.1.2 plan description in https://community.esri.com/groups/explorer-for-arcgis/blog/2017/08/01/explorer-for-arcgis-ios-v1711-... 

It is possible to create a URL to open a map in Explorer, GitHub - Esri/explorer-integration: Multi Language repository that contains documentation and sample...  provides the documentation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hello,

It's likely you are experiencing a known issue with Explorer and pop-ups - take a look at Popups not working in updated Explorer app and the 17.1.2 plan description in https://community.esri.com/groups/explorer-for-arcgis/blog/2017/08/01/explorer-for-arcgis-ios-v1711-... 

It is possible to create a URL to open a map in Explorer, GitHub - Esri/explorer-integration: Multi Language repository that contains documentation and sample...  provides the documentation.

0 Kudos
PeterTQFES
Occasional Contributor

Thanks.  Thinking along the lines of hydrant audits - rather the using Collector.   I assume someone has already tied together Explorer and Survey123 for hydrant audits.  I'm working with firies and the less buttons the better! 🙂

Peter T, Brisbane
0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Following up on this- Explorer 17.1.2 has been released and should address this issue - Explorer for ArcGIS (iOS) v17.1.2 released | ArcGIS Blog  

0 Kudos