Connect Publishing Error

Jump to solution
07-21-2017 10:35 AM
BradenBurkholder
Occasional Contributor

I am not able to publish a survey today that was working yesterday. I went to make a minor update in Survey123 Connect 2.2 and got an error; then I updated to 2.3 and received the same error:

Anyone else seeing this?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BradenBurkholder
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
12 Replies
BradenBurkholder
Occasional Contributor

I failed to see this topic before submitting:

https://community.esri.com/thread/198663-update-error-400-401 

It appears to be a similar issue, code 401 publishing error.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Braden,

Does your survey contain a pulldata('@geopoint', ...) function?  As this isn't supported in the web form, the part of the API that generates the webform produces an error.  It should not prevent the publishing of the form however- did the form get updated?

0 Kudos
BradenBurkholder
Occasional Contributor

Yes,  a pulldata('@geopoint', ...) function is used. The error was also present when I removed that calculation though.

The form did not update despite the error.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Can you share the XLS file with me so that I can attempt to duplicate?

0 Kudos
BradenBurkholder
Occasional Contributor

Absolutely. How can I get it to you?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Either use the 'Advanced Editor' (check the upper right of the text entry, above the @Mention and # Tag entries) in the GeoNet editor or e-mail me at jtedrick AT esri.com 

0 Kudos
BradenBurkholder
Occasional Contributor

I created a new survey from the Feature Service to look for differences. 

These may be expected differences?

1. my geopoint name is now "geometry", not my custom name

2. a select_one_external field is set to text, choices are missing

3. a select_multiple field is also set to text, choices are missing

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Yes, these differences are expected.

1) It's a quirk of the database & APIs we use, but we don't persist the name you supply in the form in a user-accessible fashion, so it will always come back as geometry

2) both select_one_external and select_multiple do not write the values as domains- the first because often there are more choices than we believe work well in the domain property, the second because we don't have a way to write the choices for select_multiple into the database

0 Kudos
BrittneyGibbons1
Occasional Contributor

We are having the same problem with forms that use an external choice sheet, both when publishing a new survey or republishing an existing survey.

When publishing a new form, it will create the folder and feature layer, but will not produce the form.

When republishing over an existing form, the error is produced and the new form is not published. If we try to download the existing form, we get an error that the form was not downloaded. If the existing form was hyperlinked from Collector, we receive an error that the form is not downloaded on the device and trying to download the form produces an error that the form was not downloaded.

0 Kudos