Copy and Paste Selected Table Rows in Standalone File Geodatabase Table

06-17-2011 08:00 AM
JanSlaats
New Contributor III
I need to copy and paste selected rows in a standalone table.  The table is stored in a File Geodatabase. 

Simply using COPY and PASTE from the standard toolbar is not available!

According to the ArcGIS 10 Help page on Copying and pasting records in a table:
"This method of copying and pasting records is only valid for attribute tables of layers. It will not work for tables that have no associated features."

Can anyone suggest a work around?  I don't see why this simple function does not exist for a standalone table?!

Thanks in advance
Tags (2)
11 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor

I actually rebuilt the function as a Python toolbox and used an insert cursor instead of Append.  It should be found along with another tool I created in the first attachment (the 10.3+ version, not the 10.2 version) to this Blog post.  I think it still has the refresh issue, but it does not have the inmemory table append issue.  It works to append features between feature classes with the same feature type, feature class attributes into standalone table rows, and standalone table rows to standalone table rows for all matching fields, whether the target is the same as the source or different from the source.

I use the other tool in the toolbox more, which creates a single long field key to represent a multiple field composite key in a pair of tables so that they can be joined or related based on matches from the multi-field relationship.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

It looks like we can duplicate rows in standalone tables in Pro 3.1.

copy rows.gif

0 Kudos