Mulitple/ Seperate Layer Groups in WebMap?

Jump to solution
07-10-2017 01:44 PM
KeitherPerkins
New Contributor II

I apologize for the off title. I'm not exactly sure how to ask what I'm trying to do but I can show it. I do not think the term 'layer group' is correct.

I am trying to create a webmap with several layer groups, where each one hold points, lines, and polygons. I want these to be able to be viewed together, but also separately and independently, as needed.

For example... I have a main Line. It has features along this line that can be viewed and edited. Eventually I will build a lateral line off this line that will have the same features but may need to be isolated for viewing purposes.

I imagine showing in the 'Contents' window like the example above, but would like to toggle all features from one line on and off as needed to show the following...

1)

and...

2)

Furthermore, If I could have another 'Layer Group' that holds all my 'base' data i.e. counties, roads, etc. That would be even better.

It would be great to be able to group these where a single click could turn the entire 'Data' Frame' (if you will) so that users don't have to sift through each layer.

I know I'm not using the right terminology here but I hope my example shows what I am looking for. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KeitherPerkins
New Contributor II

As a hosted feature service. I have now learned that this capability is not supported currently but is planned on being available sometime early next year.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you trying to view this in ArcGIS Online or ArcMap?

Hosted Feature Services in ArcGIS Online do not support group layers. Support this idea if this is functionality that you would like to see in the future: https://community.esri.com/ideas/9987

-Kelly

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Keither,

Are publishing these layers to a GIS Server or directly to ArcGIS Online as a hosted feature service?

Alix

0 Kudos
KeitherPerkins
New Contributor II

As a hosted feature service. I have now learned that this capability is not supported currently but is planned on being available sometime early next year.

0 Kudos