Rendering Mobile Map Packages

11-29-2016 08:30 AM
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

I'm seeing the same problems with Mobile Map Packages in the 100.0 release that I saw in the Beta.  I cannot zoom or pan to the full extent of the data, and not all features are rendering properly.  Is this issue still being worked on for a future release?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
MarkCederholm

The original MMPK was created in 1.4.1 -- I just recreated it in 2.0, and the results are even worse.  Of all the features and layers in the map, I'm only seeing one feature each from two layers.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

FYI, I just reimported the new MMPK into Pro 2.0, and it's crap.  I don't think Runtime can be blamed for this problem.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Mark,

Are you able to share the mmpk with the display issues you're seeing? If you can't upload here, please email me on mbranscomb@esri.com (up to 10MB). Alternatively I can setup a folder online.

Regarding some of the other issues you mentioned:

- Definition queries not being honored

- These should now be honored for Operational Layers (but not yet for Basemaps)

- Labels do not display by default

- This should have been be resolved in v100.1.

- Layer symbology on multiple fields

- On the roadmap for a future release

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

I created a simple MMPK in Pro 2.0 that has no zoom problems, but the more complex maps are still problematic.  At least I verified that, for a simple map, definition queries are honored if the MMPK is generated by 2.0 rather than 1.4.1.

For an example of a problem map, see this topic: 2.0: MMPK creation problems 

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

I successfully created a Pro 2.0 MMPK that imports back into Pro just fine, but still exhibits zoom and rendering problems in Runtime 100.1:  

1. Map won't zoom to full extent unless a basemap layer is added.  
  2. Unwanted fills are added to certain polygon layers.

It's less than 3 MB, so I'll email it to you directly.

0 Kudos
KyleGruber
Occasional Contributor II

Is scale-based sizing supported in the runtime SDK with mmpk's generated from ArcGIS Pro 2.0 (or will it ever be)?  That still doesn't seem to be carrying over.

0 Kudos