Specify TimeZone for popups/attributes in arcgisonline maps

04-08-2014 07:19 AM
AshakaThakore1
New Contributor II
I have created a map on our arcgisonline account... It has layer which has some attributes of the date-type.... When I click on any point of that layer, it popups the window with attributes, now all the date-time values in that popup are displayed in PST(Or some other timezone).. How can I set it to display date-time values in timezone - EST?
How do I specify timezone in ArcGIS Online?

thanks
Tags (2)
34 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

ArcGIS Pro supports setting a timezone at publish time that will apply to all date fields. I have the latest version of Pro (as of now, 1.4.1) but I think this was added somewhere in the 1.3.x release.

Mike

0 Kudos
MapEnglish
Occasional Contributor

Here's a follow-along question: If I'm consuming a feature service in ArcGIS Pro that has a date/time field that's set to UTC how do I tell Pro to offset the values to my correct timezone so that they look meaningfull when I open up the Attribute Table or click on a feature and show the popup. Here's the feature service (take a look at the "Updated" field):

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=38406bada3104e258fc8b42a2a96581a

It works as expected in the Online Map Viewer but not in Pro.

Cheers,

Matt

MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Matt English‌, 

Yes, Pro appears to be missing the ability to set a display time zone. So date fields from hosted layers in AGOL display in UTC time in Pro. I've passed your comment on to the Pro team so they can address this in a future release.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
TaupoDistrict_Council
Occasional Contributor

This still seems to be a problem. Any updates on implementing a fix? Thanks

0 Kudos
DanielRohr
New Contributor II

Helo, 

i had the same problem. You can change the time zone on the arcgis  server manager. Therefor you have to go to your service -> paramters. You will find an option to change the time zone for the whole service. But this only works with published services !

RobertDriessen2
New Contributor III

Thats a perfect and simple solution, Thanks Daniel.  Much Appreciated

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure about AGOL but in Portal 10.5.1 this solution is better than enabling time properties per-layer in ArcMap because that makes a time slider appear on any web map you add the service to. We can't figure out how to make that go away, even after disabling the time slider in the map document before publishing. If you just want your time to show up correctly without having to deal with time sliders, this is best. Also, the time zone property does not exist in ArcMap 10.2.1 (wasn't introduced until 10.4 as far as I can tell), so we had to publish first then change the time zone in Server Manager.

0 Kudos
TripMcLaughlin
New Contributor II

Is there a way to control the time settings when loading a csv as a hosted feature layer since we are not using Pro or ArcMap to publish the service? We are also seeing a 4 hour discrepancy from the original data in the table.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you tried changing the Time Settings under the Layers section in the overview page of your hosted feature layer? Enabling time through there should work.

0 Kudos