Create Layer from Selected Features in Pro

06-27-2017 09:01 AM
WesleyStreet
New Contributor III

Why is Pro lacking this?  If data schema is set up to not allow easy querying of data, how else am I supposed to limit what is displayed in the layout.  I used this function all the time in ArcMap.

Generally, I am continually disappointed in the layout and generally how difficult ArcPro is when creating layouts and finished mapping products.  It seems that I spend a few hours getting things set up in Pro only to be let down by it missing something that I need or options are not readily available.  Options are divided in to options in the ribbon and in a panel.  I spend a lot of time digging through both to try to figure out where the options are the I am needing to adjust.

In the end I wind up going back to ArcMap just because Pro is lacking or takes too long to use.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Here is a link listing the most recent changes to Pro... you might want to keep it handy to see if anything you need is on there now or in the future.  A note, Pro is not going to be a translation of ArcMap and using both is not out of the question in any workflow.  They have different purpose which share a great deal of overlap

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Wesley,

Pro 2.0 came out today. Here are the newest features/changes

What's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.0—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

I agree that this was a great functionality but I have learned to use definition queries and other work arounds. I agree with Dan about using both software packages. Though, Pro will eventually replace ArcMap (according to the Pro product manager) so I am trying to learn now instead playing catch up later.

The idea of creating a layer from selected features might be a good one to add to https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas?sr=search&searchId=9ee0c54f-2309-4817-9b20-55f7df6...

0 Kudos
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

We know our users need this functionality. It is in the current product plan for a future release. Thanks for the input!