How can I connect my Survey123 to Web Appbuilder?

Jump to solution
06-14-2017 09:38 AM
deleted-user-57QLt_-7NcdX
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to link my Survey (developed in Survey123) to an ArcGIS Web App that I created using Web AppBuilder.  My hope is that folks using the Web App can launch the survey via a widget in the Web App.  I realize there is a custom widget developed in AppBuilder that launches a URL (see: https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-8591-url-button-widget-version-23-02142017), but the deployment of custom widgets requires the use of Web AppBuilder Developer Edition, which I cannot run from my government computer due to security issues (without going through a painful series of processes). 

Does anyone have other suggestions on how to connect Survey123 to Web Apps?

Is there a stock widget that could allow me to link to a URL (I can use the Survey URL)?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SethLewis1
Occasional Contributor III

I don't believe that any of the stock widgets have direct URL link capability.

The only idea that comes to mind is that you could use the About widget and in the body provide your users with an aliased link to the Survey123. It would require them opening the widget and then clicking (so an extra step on the user's part) or you could have the widget set to open when the page loads (thereby removing the extra click).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SethLewis1

Scott,

Have you considered adding the Survey URL as a link in the top nav next to the application title?

Edit: after hitting submit I realized that only certain templates show attribute links in Web AppBuilder.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-57QLt_-7NcdX
New Contributor II

Thanks Seth,

Actually, I did play around with that idea, but for whatever reason, every time I would exit and re-enter the App, the top nav URL link to the survey would disappear.  It wasn't the most ideal solution, so I let it go.  Ideally, I would really like a widget URL link, but I keep striking out.

Any other thoughts?  I'm really surprised this isn't a stock widget.  Are there any other stock widgets that have URL link capabilities?

Thanks again,

Scott

0 Kudos
SethLewis1

I don't believe that any of the stock widgets have direct URL link capability.

The only idea that comes to mind is that you could use the About widget and in the body provide your users with an aliased link to the Survey123. It would require them opening the widget and then clicking (so an extra step on the user's part) or you could have the widget set to open when the page loads (thereby removing the extra click).