Error with locator report

02-08-2013 12:11 AM
HarikishanThambireddy
New Contributor
Hi,

On using the locator report tool under business analyst for calculating the drive time and drive distance between two point feature classes we are facing a series of issues as follows.

1) After the tool is initiated, it aborts itself after 5 seconds stating that the user has aborted the process.

2) While trying to execute the same tool with the help of python snippet, I am getting the
  Error executing function. Failed to execute (LocatorReport)

3) Pure virtual function call(Run time error)

Please try to help us in solving the error as we have tried all possibe solutions including uninstalling and re installing business analyst desktop. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Hari
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KristenCarroll
New Contributor III
Hi,

On using the locator report tool under business analyst for calculating the drive time and drive distance between two point feature classes we are facing a series of issues as follows.

1) After the tool is initiated, it aborts itself after 5 seconds stating that the user has aborted the process.

2) While trying to execute the same tool with the help of python snippet, I am getting the
  Error executing function. Failed to execute (LocatorReport)

3) Pure virtual function call(Run time error)

Please try to help us in solving the error as we have tried all possibe solutions including uninstalling and re installing business analyst desktop. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Hari

Hi Hari,
I have a few suggestions: 
Make sure that there is a viable store assignment between the customers and their store(s).  The analyses you are doing is basically a join.  The column headers can be different, but the data has to be the same between the two layers, e.g. text to text or numeric to numeric.  So between the store layer and customer layer, the common assignment might be called ST_ID for Store ID.  Also make sure both layers are in the same projection; typically the Business Analyst's Web Mercatur. 

I had answered a previous poster's questions about this analyses that you may find helpful:  http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/19166-Analysis-Desire-Lines-failure?highlight=kjbcarroll

Below is the help documentation in case you find it helpful, but essentially you need a few key elements:  A formal store layer where each store has a unique ID.  A formal customer layer where each record has a store assignment that was either set up when the customer layer was created, or afterwards via Create Customer Assignment.  If you have these elements, the analyses should work.  The only reason it might not is if you are expecting to do drive times over a very large area.  But at BA 10.1 it should still do quite a large area without issue.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//000z00000043000000

One other thing to check is that you have write permissions to your output directory.  As a test, try outputting to C:\Temp.

Best Regards,

Kristen C.
Support Services
888-377-4575 X2
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
I would also suggest testing the locator report with some of the tutorial data within Business Analyst to ascertain if the issue is application potentially or perhaps input data related.

Use Store and Customer setup to create sf_stores and sf_custs layers (C:\ArcGIS\Business Analyst\US\Datasets\Tutorial).  Then try running the locator report.

Large record point input features can easily crash the locator report depending on the robustness of the computer.  Would be happy to test your data if you can post it.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos