Creating Tabbed Pop-Ups

05-18-2017 10:27 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello! 

We're looking to migrate our existing apps into the Esri framework, but there seems to be one major limiting factor as of right now. We need tabbed pop-ups.

Here is our current app: Virtual Charlotte, Charlotte GIS 

If you zoom into the city center, click on a road segment, you'll get a small pop-up with a button that says 'more' on it. If you click on that you'll get a tabbed pop-up (below). 

Our folks like having a 'one stop shop' if you will, so this is a necessity. I tried implementing Larry's Anvil Widget (Our folks like having a 'one stop shop' if you will, so this is a necessity. I tried implementing Larry's anvil widget (AnvilMapTips-1.1-2015-5-25 (download - widget by Larry Stout)), but it is from WAB Dev 1.1 and doesn't look to be working anymore (or at least I can't get it to work.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to accomplish this, or, best yet, a prebuilt widget in WAB that accomplishes this task that I could simply put into mine?

Any assistance would be SUPER appreciated and I'll be sure to send you good tidings and merriment for years to come.

Cheers,

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are using developer edition and I tried using those, but I don't know if they're compatible with the 2.4 release. I tried implementing them, but with no luck. Have you successfully implemented those at 2.4? 

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I have gotten a few of Larry Stout widgets to work but I have not tried that one. 

One option is to do what a Local county did. 

They made multiple web apps and then combined them with story maps:

https://jcgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=fa99a30541d94b86aef4a39bc68d0580 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You'd think that'd be a good substitute, but the faceless masses need as little 'change' as possible.

If we push a new layout, you'll see national news of 'GIS Adminsitrator thrown from building; returning to old app'