Does pulldata() function work against geopoint questions in Survey123 web app/web client?

04-28-2017 08:56 AM
AlekKreiger
New Contributor III

I've copied and pasted the pulldata() expression from https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/11/03/extracting-information-from-geopoint-que... to use exactly as described on that page for retrieving latitude and longitude values but it is causing an error.  The geopoint question and pulldata calculation both exist within the same repeat group. This might be a significant factor since in the preview for the field app in Survey123 Connect the geopoint question, map, and all other questions within the repeat no longer appear -- it's just blank pages under the group heading (I am using the pages style with Survey123 Connect version 2.0.35). No error or warning messages are given in Survey123 Connect when loading form preview. 

The survey can be published without error but when attempting to view the published survey in the web app it does not load and the error message "External instance "@geopoint" is empty., FormLogicError: pulldata with incorrect number of parameters found" is given.  This occurs when both a default value for the geopoint location is provided (using concat('+044.897011','',' -086.066654') -- which works when the subsequent pulldata() functions are included) and when no default location is provided.  

I've also tried to make the pulldata() calculations dependent on a non-empty geopoint question (using relevant field in xls form) to no avail.  The ultimate goal is to set a constraint on the extent within which geopoint responses must occur.  This is one of multiple methods I have attempted to apply.  Each have failed while they have apparently worked for other survey makers.  The issue may stem from the fact the geopoint question is in a repeat group, but this set up is necessary for my survey.

Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alek,

The pulldata('@geopoint') syntax of the function does not work on the web form.  That version of the function isn't in the official XLSForm or XForm spec- it's a custom function we implemented in the mobile application as there is literally no way to reliably extract this information given the spec.  The web form is based on a project that implements the specification, so bringing the function into the web form requires additional customization on our part.  We haven't prioritized this yet as we think it will be a bit difficult to implement.

0 Kudos
AlekKreiger
New Contributor III

Is there any way to restrict the extent or level of scale for geopoint questions/associated map in the web app?

KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

It also appears you cannot calculate a geopoint in the web app either. If we can restrict extent via lat\long that might be a useful work around for limiting locations. View my issue here: IE Browser Compatability and Geopoint Calculation with Public Surveys made in Connect 

0 Kudos
IngridAldridge1
New Contributor III

Is there any discussion about this becoming something to implement?  With the update of public webforms it is quite a powerful option.

0 Kudos