Crowdsource StoryMaps, are they still working?

05-07-2017 06:50 PM
ClaudiaEspinosa
New Contributor II

Is the CrowdSource StoryMap still working? I'm required to make one for a school project and have seen multiple posts about them not accepting any more contributions. Is this true?

Does that mean the beta phase is over and the real version is coming out? If so what is the ETA? I need to know so I can tell my professor and submit an alternative storymap as my final project.

Thanks in advance, and I am a total newbie, so going into the feature service (as a I saw for one of the responses) means nada to me as i barely learned that 2 classes ago. 

Claudia

P.S. It would be lovely if we could an an intro panel, format the title and subtitle, modify the submissions without needing to code, be able to submit youtube or vimeo links, maybe do more than one photo (3 max?) and that when someone submits a photo that doesn't meet the requirements, instead of getting "Use a different photo" it says " Picture must be a jpeg and measure at least 700 pixels by 700 pixels, and no more than 400 KB" 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Claudia,

Can you post the links you found that indicate that the crowd source maps are no longer accepting contributions? 

0 Kudos
ClaudiaEspinosa
New Contributor II

Hi Adrian

Here is the link to one of them. The response from Stephen Sylvia is below, however for me (as a total newbie) I have no clue what it means 😞

Cannot add new contributions

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Claudia,

You are still able to create story maps using the Story Map Crowdsource app. If you've seen a message about a particular crowdsource story not accepting contributions that just means the author of that story has turned off contributions (that's an option in the story configuration settings).

Thanks for your feedback. We'll consider those changes for future enhancements, but for now you could download the code and customize it to alter the app to do the things you suggest.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
ClaudiaEspinosa
New Contributor II

Owen

Thank you for the response, I have linked to one post about the issue here

https://community.esri.com/thread/194340-cannot-add-new-contributions

As for the code, erm, yes, taking a class next semester to learn just that. Hopefully I will be able to customize after that class.

Claudai

0 Kudos