Why do my polygons disappear when completed?

Jump to solution
04-13-2017 04:52 AM
DanielZura
New Contributor II

Happy Spring everybody. I'm having an issue with polygons disappearing as soon as I finish drawing them. I am tracing features on top of a jpeg I imported of an aerial image. I'm not having a problem drawing line features. The polygons that disappear show up in the attribute table, but with values of zero. I've tried using several different feature class files. Any ideas? Thanks.

-Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielZura
New Contributor II

Kelly, thanks for your help. The problem was that the coordinate systems didn't match. I thought the transformation feature fixed this, but I had to actually match the coordinate systems. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

Do you have some categorical rendering set up to draw the polygons? ie if you have 3 classes (1, 2, 3), but you digitise a new one with a value of 0, nothing will draw.

DanielZura
New Contributor II

Thanks for the feedback. It's possible- how can I check this? I'm not familiar.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Is your data source a hosted feature service? If so, try adding it to a new web map and change the symbology to show location only. This will show all of the data in the service.

If you are storing the data in the web map (map notes, drag and drop files), modify the symbology in the same way in your saved map.

If the data isn't storing, contact technical support or monitor the web traffic using a web debugging tool to see if something is preventing the edits from being submitted.

-Kelly 

JamesDickens1
New Contributor III

Kelly, cool map . In this case that will not work. I already have a layer of information and labels that only come on when the data is zoomed. This data set that is hidden from is so many data points it clogs the visibility of the other sets. I don't want the end user to have to know they have to toggle the layer on and off to make this work.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Are you using a hosted feature service or a server service?

Do you only want a specific subset of features to appear when searching? Is there logic in how to filter some of the data out? An option may be to look into the filter configurable app

-Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
0 Kudos
DanielZura
New Contributor II

Kelly, thanks for your help. The problem was that the coordinate systems didn't match. I thought the transformation feature fixed this, but I had to actually match the coordinate systems. Thanks!

0 Kudos