Web AppBuilder Search Widget Returns Suggestions but No Results

Jump to solution
04-04-2017 07:41 AM
EllenLester1
New Contributor III

I have Web AppBuilder's search widget set up with several "search sources" including geocoding services and map services. Most of them work as expected, but our roads' map service does not return results when used through Web AppBuilder. 

As I type in a road name, suggestions appear, but when I click on the suggestion, it says there were no results. The same happens when I type in the full road name and hit enter. I've tried searching for multiple roads throughout our area, but, while all of them return suggestions, none of them return results.

If I load this same service into ArcMap, the Find tool has no issues locating and zooming/panning to the requested feature.

Any help identifying the problem would be greatly appreciated.

The service is located here:

ReferenceData/RoadCenterline (MapServer) 

The parameters for the search widget:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EllenLester1
New Contributor III

We recently republished the service from a new mxd, and now it works. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KristenMark
New Contributor

We are having a similar issue with a geocoding service that will create suggestions, we noticed if there was over 50 results return from at street name (as tested in the rest end point and arcmap) that the suggestion would be there but it would say no results when we click on the suggestion...if there were under 50 records for the result it seemed to work OK...maybe there is some other reason but that was the first thing I noticed.

0 Kudos
NickLott-Havey
New Contributor

Did you find out what the solution was?  I am facing a similar issue with a public facing webapp.

0 Kudos
EllenLester1
New Contributor III

We recently republished the service from a new mxd, and now it works. 

0 Kudos