Failed to publish the survey

Jump to solution
03-22-2017 10:11 AM
BrianHovis
Occasional Contributor II

I receive the following error message when trying to publish a survey: Failed to publish the survey.  I created the survey manually and not using the XLS form.

I looked at what people had done to resolve publishing problems in past posts, such as trying a different browser (I mostly use Chrome, but tried Microsoft Edge to no avail.) I also tried to save the unpublished survey in a different name and neither version would publish.  I read from James Tedrick's post that there might be some"backend infrastructure problems" so it might be a problem that others are having.  Oops! Failed to publish the survey.

One last thing, I am only able to access GeoNet through my old Global account, but was using my Organizational account to try to publish the survey.

Is anyone else having this problem and/or is there something that I have not tried?  I would post a link to the survey, but links don't work until the survey is published.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianHovis

Hi, I tried eliminating certain survey questions to see if there was a glitch.  Bingo, I found that the multiple choice question that was part of my survey had caused the problem.  I think that the issue was that I used batch edit to add many choices and there must have been a spacing problem that I couldn't see.  I think next time I have a bunch of choices to add, I will do them one at a time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrianHovis

Hi, I tried eliminating certain survey questions to see if there was a glitch.  Bingo, I found that the multiple choice question that was part of my survey had caused the problem.  I think that the issue was that I used batch edit to add many choices and there must have been a spacing problem that I couldn't see.  I think next time I have a bunch of choices to add, I will do them one at a time.

0 Kudos