Network Analyst and ArcGIS Online

01-08-2013 12:19 PM
NicoleHanson
New Contributor III
I couldn't find any posts that answered my question.  I may have been searching the wrong way.  But here goes.

Is there anyway to upload my Network Dataset to ArcGIS online?  My organization has an account, and I've created my dataset on the desktop.  I have 10.0.

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Nicole,

Unfortunately, you cannot upload a network dataset and publish a "network service" in ArcGIS Online that you might use in the ArcGIS.com viewer. The options you have are:

1. Use Esri ArcGIS Online network services already published (this is quite new, you might want checking it). You would need to access them programmatically, since there are no user interface tools for routing in standard ArcGIS.com Viewer.

2. Publish an ArcGIS Server network service based on your network dataset and then access them programmatically or by using configurable viewers (Flex/Silverlight) or any other application that can read those network services directly.
0 Kudos
StevenKitterman1
New Contributor II
11 months later, is this still the case for Network Datasets? I am also looking to publish one to arcgis online. Has anything new transpired?
0 Kudos
NoelPeterson
New Contributor III

Is this still not possible in 2019?

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

What is your use case for publishing a network dataset to AGOL? Thanks,

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
NoelPeterson
New Contributor III

I work for a government agency representing the Chicago metropolitan region. We have a network dataset for pedestrian infrastructure (sidewalks and other off-street pedestrian paths) that we use internally for pedestrian routing and walkshed (service area) analyses. We would like to be able to share this capability with our constituents who do not have access to or knowledge of GIS software.

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

So looks like you have some routing service (that utilize your network dataset) that you would like to expose to your constituents

The way it is supported is to publish your routing services on your own server (using publishing routing services utility). You can then use a geoprocessing widget with web app builder in AGOL to create a web app that exposes your service to your constituents.

More on the publishing utility and web app builder here:

Publish Routing Services utility—ArcGIS Server Administration (Linux) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos