eDraw Widget Enhancement

01-07-2013 11:11 AM
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
To All eDraw Widget Users:

Would it be possible to extend this widget to allow graphics drawn that are tied into a mapservice used in the application?  I am looking for the ability to add a graphic box with text populated from a search performed on a mapservice in the application.

Maybe add the to the config file the name of the mapservice and the field to use for the text to be placed in the graphic box.  In this way, this information could be printed whereas information in widget pop-ups do not currently appear in the print-outs.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Michael,

I think that I understand wht you are after (after studing and rereading this post many times). It is highly unlikely that you would see this as a enhancement to the eDraw widget though. I just can see this fitting into the designed scope of this widget.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Robert:

I understand, but alternatively would it be possible to extend the eSearch widget to add a button that would add a graphic box to the map display that would contain information from 1 field that is tied to a specific search that was set up in the eSearch widget (maybe in the upper left corner of the map as an example).

I was then hoping to use the uncompiled code as a template to build on this 1 box to fit specific business needs where additional fields would be added to additional graphic boxes that I would try to add myself to the code.  Maybe you could have this button set to non-visible by default so users who would want this functionality would need to activate it by making it visible.
0 Kudos