Why are published time-enabled services off by 1 hour?

03-01-2017 04:50 AM
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I am attempting to publish a time enabled Map Image Layer into Portal for ArcGIS from ArcGIS Pro‌.  I am referencing data published in an SDE.  It publishes fine, and the resulting layer can be added to a Web Map with the time slider immediately available.  When I look at the attributes of the service, the times have been adjusted plus one hour.  Why does this happen and how can I fix it?

Thank you,

--Adam

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Your browser is converting the time values to UTC, I believe.  Take a look at a few of these links as they may provide some guidance:

Specify TimeZone for popups/attributes in arcgisonline maps 

Troubleshoot—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Editor tracking for feature services—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Set map service properties—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

The general idea is that the data is stored in local time, but the browser is converting to UTC so you'll see that discrepancy.

AdamRepsher

Hi Jonathan,

I don't think that this is the case, as it would then be five hours off.  I'll get those articles read though.  Thanks for the help!

--Adam

0 Kudos
AdamRepsher

Hi again Jonathan,

Through one of those links, I quickly realized that I needed to define the time zone (and daylight savings adjustment) for the data layer within ArcGIS Pro before publishing it as a Web Layer.  I just have to make sure that I am applying daylight savings for the given dataset if required - AND - make sure that no datasets span through a transition into or out of daylight savings time!  This fixes everything.

Thank you for the help!

--Adam