How to make points with more recent dates appear in a first place in popup windows ArcGIS Online?

Jump to solution
02-23-2017 06:46 AM
slavaloivskyi
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

I have a time enabled layer in ArcGIS Online. Everything is ok, i`ve designed a WebApp and it is working..

Just one thing...

I have many points, representing same objects, coordinates are identical, so they are stacked on top of each other. 

Is it possible to make points with more recent dates appear in a first place in popup windows?

The feature class was created in ArcMap, in database points with more recent dates are on top.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hello,

There isn't currently a way to determine the order of overlapping pop ups. If this is a feature you would like to see in a future release, consider promoting the following idea and adding your specific use case in the comments: https://community.esri.com/ideas/6548

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hello,

There isn't currently a way to determine the order of overlapping pop ups. If this is a feature you would like to see in a future release, consider promoting the following idea and adding your specific use case in the comments: https://community.esri.com/ideas/6548

slavaloivskyi
New Contributor

Thank you Kelly!

I expected to hear this

BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @KellyGerrow , I don't see the link to the idea you posted anymore, but based on where I've ended up elsewhere on geonet I think it may have been this one?

A few of us at the end there are looking for a way to order pop-ups of a single layer, such as order by date submitted. I have stacked polygons and it would be excellent to order the pop-ups by most recent. Does the Idea above adequately capture this request in functionality? Or is there a way to do this now that we are in 2021? Thank you

0 Kudos
Taku_RiverTlingit
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I have the same issue as cactuz - we have point data representing the same location, thus coordinates are identical, so they are stacked on top of each other. And we'd also like to have the pop-ups appear based on data in ascending order - so the earliest ones first and the most recent ones last. Has this functionality been added to ArcGIS Online at this point? Thanks.

LeahSattler
New Contributor II

I have created a Dashboard for our Public Safety Teams for Emergency Operations, such as the current Winter Storm Severe Weather Event we are experiencing. Our Field Ops crews perform various tasks at specific locations, such as Plow Snow, Sand Road, Close and Reopen Road. It would be a very helpful for those teams to review the activities performed based on the entry date in chronological order. With a more severe event, there can be 20-30 activities at the same point. Without the functionality to order the pop-ups, it is very difficult to follow the order of work performed at each location and kinda makes the whole thing much less useful. 

ESRI, please consider adding this functionality. There is clearly a big need across multiple different types of organizations for many important functions!

Super Thanks.

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @LeahSattler@KellyGerrow made a good suggestion in this post which is to make sure you give a Kudos to this Idea, which acts as a vote to help our product teams assess customer impact from among all the feature requests our product teams receive. You can add details about your specific use case as a comment in that Idea as well.

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos