survey123: distress scale in integer question

01-31-2017 10:40 AM
ulrikeselig
New Contributor

hej everbody,

Im testing the survey123 app and still very new to this. Im trying different options for management.

I found out, that I can create a traffic light system if Im using an integer question and put the appearance on distress. So far so good. Only that I dont need a scale from 0-10. Does anyone knows if I can change this e.g. in the calculations or anything, and if: how? I only need a scale from 1-3.

I also would like to give the colors an appropiate name/hint.

Basically I need something like:

Question: How fast are you? (just an example)

Answer: satisfactory (green color) average (yellow color) inadequate (red color)

Maybe, someone got an idea how to create this? I was thinking of using likert but I really am dependent on the three colors here.

Thanks for any suggestion and help.

cheers

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ulrike,

One approach is to create a select one type question, but use media to render the color graphics you want. See this blog for more details: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2015/08/24/surveys-with-style 

And you can see how it was done with the Media survey sample included with Survey123 Connect.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

You may also want to use the likert appearance on a select_one question. More information in this help topic.

0 Kudos