How to create tpk file from arcgis online web map.

01-30-2017 09:24 PM
KamalMittal
New Contributor III
Hi,
I have created the account on ArcGIS online portal. In this portal, I have also created a map into it. I am able to show this map into IOS mobile device through ArcGIS runtime SDK. Below is the code which I am using.

self.portal = AGSPortal (URL: NSURL(string: "https://mtx.maps.arcgis.com")!, loginRequired: false)

self.portal.credential = AGSCredential(user:  USERNAME, password:  PASSWORD)

//construct a portal item from the portal and item ID string

self.portalItem = AGSPortalItem(portal: self.portal, itemID: ITEMID)

//construct a map from the portal item

self.map = AGSMap(item: self.portalItem)

self.portal.loadWithCompletion() {[weak self] (error) in

if error == nil {

// check the portal item loaded and print the modified date

if self?.portal.loadStatus == AGSLoadStatus.Loaded {

self?.mapView.map = self?.map                   

}

}

else{

print("The map failed to load. ", error?.localizedDescription)

}

}

Now I want to download tpk file from this online portal web map. How do I achieve that?
Thanks,
Kamal
0 Kudos
6 Replies
GagandeepSingh
Occasional Contributor II

A tpk is a tile package, you can create from a raster tiled map service if it supports exporting tiles. Or you can use ArcGIS Pro. A web map could a collection of different layers (tiled layer, map image layer, feature layer etc). If you want to take a web map offline you can look into "mmpk"s or Mobile Map Packages.

This topic might be helpful: Create an offline map—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS | ArcGIS for Developers 

0 Kudos
KamalMittal
New Contributor III

Thanks for reply

Can you please tell me how to create mobile map package(mmpk) through ArcGIS online portal ?

Thanks,

Kamal

0 Kudos
GagandeepSingh
Occasional Contributor II

You will need ArcGIS Pro to create mobile map packages.

1. You can refer to the following link on how to add web map from portal in ArcGIS Pro. Add maps and scenes to a project—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

2. And once you have the desired data or map in Pro, you can read about exporting it as mobile map package here: Create Mobile Map Package—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
KamalMittal
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply

Can you give me the links of raster tiled map service which supports exporting tiles?

Basically, I want to download whole new york city map means I can go any zoom level(zooms in/zoom out) in tpk file in offline mode just like in online mode.

Thanks,

Kamal

0 Kudos
KamalMittal
New Contributor III

Any update on above question??

I am waiting for your reply

Thanks,

Kamal

0 Kudos
nita14
by