Problems with DR checks and data that has relationships

02-02-2017 10:19 AM
JeaninePaschke1
New Contributor

This is going to be a long story, because I have tried several things...

I am running ArcGIS Desktop with Data Reviewer for 10.3.1.

I am running a series of DR checks from a batch file.  The data that's being checked is from a custom application that checks-out a local replica from an enterprise geodatabase via a geodata service.  Upon check-out, the custom application adds relationship classes to the local file gdb and also performs some joins for map symbology purposes.  The local replica is comprised of a couple feature classes; one point (DAMAGE_POINTS) and one poly (DAMAGE_AREAS) along with a separate table that holds attributes that describe these features (OBSERVATIONS).

I have several SQL checks that query for certain conditions in the OBSERVATIONS table, but of course, I want to be able to traverse from the Reviewer table to the actual features that are related to the OBSERVATIONS highlighted by the test.  I quickly realized that something was wrong.  First when I highlight a row in the Reviewer Table, right click and select "Selected Related Row", a new table view pops up for OBSERVATIONS with a highlighted row.  This table view and highlighted row are somehow detached (for lack of a better word) from the "real" OBSERVATIONS table in that you can't see the unselected records or use "Related table" button to see the related features.  So I'm dead in the water with using a simple SQL check on the OBSERVATIONS table to find the related features.

Next I tried a "Table to Table Attribute Check" to run the same query setting the Feature Class 1 to be DAMAGE_AREAS and Feature Class 2 to be the OBSERVATIONS table (with the SQL where clause for the condition I'm looking for), then I use the "Compare Attributes" section to set the fields in each table that form their relationship (Class1_ID = Class2_ID).  This actually works and I can use the DR table to zoom to and highlight the offending feature.  The problem is it takes a REALLY LONG time to process these table to table checks and my users are getting very frustrated and so am I.  The same simple SQL table check is lightning fast. 

So I guess my question is why doesn't the Reviewer table play nice with my OBSERVATIONS table and let me use the relationship classes to find the related features? And/or why does doing the"Table to Table Attribute Check" take so long to perform?  For instance, I have 5 of these types of checks looking at tables that have about 10K records each and it took about 2 hours.  The same simple SQL check takes less than a minute.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
0 Replies