Tooltip (Hint) Unlike PlaceHolder Message In Search Widget (default text of placeHolder is Esri World Geocoder)

Jump to solution
01-26-2017 06:42 AM
GilbertoMatos
Occasional Contributor II

Hello!

I need to replace the placeholder text of the "Esri World Geocoder" search widget for "Tell a Location", however, the "tooltip, hint" tip message should be different from the placeholder.

To modify the placeholder, I found in the config.json file the "placeholder" excerpt: "Esri World Geocoder". I did the text modification, and it worked. How do I proceed to the hint tooltip to have another message, such as "Enter an address, location name or coordinates (latitude and longitude)"?

Thank you!
Gilberto.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gilberto,

I think you will find this thread I answered helpful:

https://community.esri.com/thread/179864 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gilberto,

I think you will find this thread I answered helpful:

https://community.esri.com/thread/179864 

GilbertoMatos

Robert, what I need, is to define a different message from the placeholder when the user is left standing with the mouse on the search field. If I change the text of the placeholder, this same text ends up being displayed in tooltip format.

My problem is not in the drop-down list after the user searches for something. I do not know if I could explain it well.

Thank you!
Gilberto.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gilberto,

Seems one of us is not understanding then. The code I provided in that post is for the tooltip associated with each of the sources in the search widgets dropdown source list NOT the results.

GilbertoMatos

Robert, excuse me. I got it right now. It's because I'm Brazilian and I speak Portuguese, so sometimes I get lost in English.

I'll mark you as the correct answer.

Thank you!
Gilberto.

0 Kudos