ArcGIS Server web editing capabilities- Pros/Cons

09-12-2012 11:21 PM
ManojGarg
New Contributor II
Dear Experts,

I need some good information and real ground info about the following. Please share the link and your experience

1. ArcGIS Server web editing capabilities. Any limitation like number of transaction or fetch from db etc? I understand from site that simple editing is supported but it does not give enough details.
2. Does web editing supported for multi version geo-database in user???s version ?
3. Does web editing supported in multi version GDB with geometric network in place?
4. How the reconcile and posting works from web?

Thanks
Tags (2)
11 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jamal,

I think you replied to the incorrect thread, your post really belongs in this thread:
The best practice to plug the “utility network analyst” in web mapping applications, 

(I've referenced the thread for context for others who review this thread)

> The first challenge here is how to publish the whole functionalities of “utility network analyst” before going to enjoy also editing with full environment as in the desktop. For example, how to solve for all tracing options in the web?

You would publish the various geometric network utility tools as Geoprocessing Services. Please review the help topic,

Geoprocessing service example: Geometric Network Trace—Sharing geoprocessing workflows | ArcGIS Desk... 

Hope this helps,

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Derek

best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos