Getting Survey123 Error Code - 202 Child to Parent Relationship Not Found

12-27-2016 07:10 AM
KaceyCummings
New Contributor II

Survey worked fine on Wednesday 12/21, and no changes have been made. This morning a field crew notified me of the error, and I have checked AGO to make sure the relationships are still valid and I don't see any issues. The survey has two repeats (inlet assessment and outlet assessment) and the error states "Child to parent relationship not found for 'CRS_Basin' in 'inlet_assessment'". Has anyone else come across this?

Edit: I am successfully able to submit surveys through Survey123 Connect on my desktop with no error, but not on the iPad.  

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RogerYoung1
New Contributor III

Yes, I have a large inspection checklist and the same thing happened. I don't know if it was caused by the size of the inspection checklist or what at this point. I was out of the office on the day it happened and did a quick fix by creating a new form eliminating that repeat and am just now looking at it to try to fix it so inspections that are stuck on peoples iPads can be submitted. I was able to download the data that had already been submitted to a CSV, so the previously submitted data is still there. The only thing I have been able to find so far is that there is an entry that contains no data except for a creation date.

0 Kudos
RogerYoung1
New Contributor III

Just to add on there is also a second survey we are having the same problem with and it is a much shorter survey, so it's not just the length of the survey causing the problem.

0 Kudos
RogerYoung1
New Contributor III

Kacey, I submitted a help request and found out that this is a known problem with surveys created with Connect prior to V1.10. The suggestion was to download the latest version of Survey123 Connect and republish the survey. Prior to republishing the survey, download the data into a FGDB (they are working on a script to reload the old data into the service). Since one of the surveys didn't want to download into a FGDB I downloaded it as a CSV group, which was all I really needed to get it into a database. I followed the directions and the surveys are now functional again.

0 Kudos
KaceyCummings
New Contributor II

Thanks, Roger! I will try this fix.

0 Kudos
DeenaBowman
Occasional Contributor

Hi Roger, we also just stumbled upon this issue.  Photos were captured through the camera function within the survey rather than attached from the gallery.  Is there any way we can download the photos?  I know its possible with Collector, but don't seem to be able to do this within Survey123.  Suggestions? 

thanks in advance!

Deena

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Deena,

You can access the photos by copying the ArcGIS directory from the device.  Read the directions at Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ; instead of copying only the sqlite database, the photos will be in the 'My Survey Attachments' directory (at the same level as the 'Database' directory).

DeenaBowman
Occasional Contributor

My bad, should have checked in the troubleshooting doc before hitting send.  Thanks for your speedy reply!

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
RachaelHurd
New Contributor III

Is anyone else still getting this error? I created a survey with repeats in Survey123 Connect version 1.10.43 and it publishes fine but when I attempt to submit a response from the Windows app or the iOS app I get the This survey was not able to be sent due to the following error: Code -202 Parent to child relationship not found for "[repeatname]" in "[surveyname]".

Survey123 for ArcGIS  Windows app version 1.10.25 

Survey123 for ArcGIS  iOS app version 1.10.25

0 Kudos