Drone2map Samples Not Processing

Jump to solution
07-25-2016 01:53 PM
SUSANMYERS
New Contributor III

Hi—Have downloaded trial Drone2Map, and while trying out a few of the samples, once I click Start to process a sample, following the steps provided, the bottom status bar appears to be processing for a few seconds, and then it returns to "Ready   Completed.", showing 100% in the status bar, but no 2D Products and no 3D Products are added to the project as is stated in the sample instructions.  What am I missing, or is it still processing in the background?

Downloaded the program again. Ran a repair installation. Started processing, and it looked like it was working.... It did process for a bit longer, but after just a few moments, the process said it is 100% completed, and no products are showing up as per the sample instructions.  The Processing Report is also not available.  If Start is selected again, the processing is almost instantly completed, 100%, even if one selects full rather than rapid processing.

Removed and reinstalled Drone2map software. Attempt at processing on Rapid sample project took 1.5 minutes and says it Completed 100%. However, still no 2D products showing up. And Processing Report button is not available.  Still looking for help on this. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SUSANMYERS
New Contributor III

See Drone2Map samples not processing — not yet answered thread for additional information and solutions.

Anthony Mason identified that something in our server security settings was quarantining a Drone2Map executable and preventing the software from working properly.  I am not sure what our network guys changed in our server's security settings, but they identified it quickly when I let them know and once that was done, Drone2Map was happy and began to work properly.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ParthaGhosh__GISP
New Contributor II

Can you share me the data? so that I can check ...

0 Kudos
SUSANMYERS
New Contributor III

Hi Partha,  I am trying out the datasets provided by Esri for use with Drone2Map that are available for download:

Sample data—Drone2Map for ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS

AnthonyMason
Esri Contributor

Susan,

Could you please check to see if you have the following installed on your machine?

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161

Thanks

Tony

BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

I have the same question as Susan. I'm experiencing the same issues with the ESRI sample data set and some data we collected on our own and have successfully processed in Pix4D. We are testing the Drone2Map v 1.0.1.498 as a trial version through AGOL for a 2 month period. This is our first attempt at processing datasets. We have replicated the issue on 3 different computers all of which have ArcGIS Installed and the Microsoft C++ 2008 x64 driver which is specified above. Any suggestions? Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

I just performed the recommended steps above, reinstalling the Microsoft C++ 2008 x64 driver and disabling my NVIDIA graphics card. I ran the example data provided by ESRI and got the same result. Processing completes but no data is added to the project and no data is in the output project folder. This application clearly works based on the demos I have seen but it appears to need specific hardware and driver configurations. Can someone tell me what those hardware and driver specifications are? I can build a virtual or physical machine to meet those requirements, I just need to know otherwise I feel like I'm guessing.

Thanks

0 Kudos
SUSANMYERS
New Contributor III

See Drone2Map samples not processing — not yet answered thread for additional information and solutions.

Anthony Mason identified that something in our server security settings was quarantining a Drone2Map executable and preventing the software from working properly.  I am not sure what our network guys changed in our server's security settings, but they identified it quickly when I let them know and once that was done, Drone2Map was happy and began to work properly.