Replicate from different coordinate systems to a single coordinate system to a merged feature class?

11-17-2016 07:52 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have 3 different simple road data sets with 3 different projected coordinate systems.  I'd like to run network analyst over these data sets so I can route or do service areas, etc.  My wish would be to create replication from the 3 source layers to 1 single merged dataset that exists in a feature dataset (also 1 projection, obviously) so it can participate in a network analysis dataset.  I don't want to edit in two places and I need to maintain connectivity for routing.  Has anyone had any success doing this workflow before?

Thanks in advance, 

Jon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Check this out:

https://community.esri.com/thread/162848 

If your end goal is to use NA across all the data you are replicating, I suggest you replicate them to a single file geodatabase, then append them together into one feature class and build your network with that.  Model builder can make quick work of it.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for responding.  

I've thought of this but I don't want to re construct the network each time.  In fact, you can't do this in model builder, you can only 'build' the network dataset, not create one. I believe you can do this with .Net but I'd rather use out of the box arcgis capabilities. I want the features to sync automatically then of course, rebuild the network dataset after each sync so that the edits are considered in the routing choices. If there was an automated editing script that would extract and project new edits, then incorporate them in to the network dataset, this would work but I'd prefer it work with replication.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Syncing your replicas from parent to child only 'brings' the changes made since the last sync.  However, you are talking about three different data sources right?  So you essentially would have three different parents syncing to three different child databases. If there is some way to discern what has changed, like a 'modify date' field, you could append just those into your single feature class/network.  Just my thoughts.

That should just about do it....